blog backbdrop

Monday 8 February 2021

SpecOwl Delivery

Today I am sharing a birthday card made for someone very special, so I decided to use this lovely image of a barn owl, which is his favourite bird.

For my 6.5 x 6.5 inch base card, I used the Dreamees 300gsm chocolate cardstock and then added a shimmery green layer which I created using the avocado sparkle dinky inkie ink pad from the new Shades of Sparkle collection.



I ran the avocado ink pad along the rim of a measured square of Dreamees kraft card to create the illusion of my shimmered layer of card and then added another layer but from the Totally Timber paper pad. 

For my next layer, I used the corrugated embossing folder with a piece of the wood grain design paper from the same pad to add some texture.

I printed out the matching charisma twice on glossy card, for  SpecOwl Delivery die by Tattered Lace which is from the Autumn Allure collection and decoupaged it using pinfair glue gel. I also die cut a plain panel of design paper fro the Totally Timber paper pad for behind the frame of the owl. The colour and texture of the paper seemed to tie in with the die very well.


I made a few flowers using the Build a Peony stamp which have been stamped and heat embossed with bright white embossing powder on pink card. I thought the flowers would tie in well with those on the image.  I also used the sentiment stamp from the Dreamees fire lillies stamp set.



Sometimes you can't always find the right shade of card to blend with your patterned papers when making a card so having these inks that tie in with the design paper in this Shades of Sparkle collection has been a real bonus for me as I can now create me own cardstock layers too.

Enjoy your day, whatever you have planned.
Happy Crafting





4 comments:

pinky said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, so much to catch the eye. I love all the added texture.

Jackie T said...

Hi Michelle this is a gorgeous card. I to love barn owls they are magnificent. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Very effective card, love the design. Perfect colours and pretty added goodies. xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you for your lovely comments x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...