blog backbdrop

Wednesday 1 May 2024

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark.
I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkadoodles and thought that they would look great on some bookmarks.


It's also What's on your Workdesk Wednesday - which I linked up with last week, 
a day when you link up to Julia Dunnits Stamping Ground and see what others have been up to. There are details on her blog, should you wish to link up too.


So this was how my table started off for WOYWW.  I'd printed off and coloured my digi images with my Promarker alcohol pens.  Normally my colouring only stretches to the size of an ATC card, but I am gradually stepping further out of my comfort zone.

For my bookmark bases I used some leftover backgrounds that I had previously made using distress oxide inks. One of them was quite pale so I added some background stamping too.


I added some Pretty Gets Gritty explosion powder to the second layer of one of my tags for a purple and gold shimmer and they were both edged with a little metallique wax.


This one will go in the birthday card for my friend's daughter. I really liked these images from Polkadoodles when I saw them. They are both from their Ickyink Art Collection.


I haven't decided on a home for this one yet, she may be used in my craft journal.

I managed to get a picture of this feathered beauty in my garden too. The Jay doesn't normally hang about, but had noticed that I'd left some peanuts out for the squirrels on the log. Well it ate those and then decided to have a good look around whilst there.


So far it's been coming back every day... not sure the squirrel's too chuffed about that...

What have you got planned for the day? Whatever it is, I hope it is a good one for you.



Challenges:
Digi Choose Day - AG  ( Top 3 -  Favourites)








25 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous bookmarks and backgrounds,love the die-cut edges and cute images.Beautiful garden visitor.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and fabulous bookmarks Michelle.......gr karin

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Amazing bookmarks! I love creating background, using different medium and getting a bit messy. Great touch with the metallics! And beautifully coloured image. Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - KCC DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Your bookmarks are wonderful! Hugs!

Helen said...

Great bookmarks! the photo of the jay is great, you are right, they don't like to hang about posing do they! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Love those tags Michelle - but then as you can see from my desk I am a tag rather than an ATC gal. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous bookmarks Michelle, love the edging and background and fabulous images..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Your colouring is fabulous! The touch of gold on the edges is such a great addition too. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #7 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the bookmarks. Nice to see the Jay too. We used to have one that visitedf our garden but not seen it for ages. Happy woyww, Angela x12x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous mixed media tags for our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, thank you for joining us there.
Lorraine

Twiglet said...

Beautiful photo of the jay. I used to watch them burying acorns in the fields near my old house. Your bookmarks are fab and always so useful. x x Jo

Twiglet said...

Beautiful photo of the jay. I used to watch them burying acorns in the fields near my old house. Your bookmarks are fab and always so useful. x x Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely book marks. I haven’t been able to take a photograph of a Jay yet, such a fleeting visitor. Arrived at our first site of the year yesterday. Beautiful views. The wind started in the evening, kept going all night, then about 7 am two of the bands holding the awning down snapped and as my husband was trying to do something, the awning flipped over the caravan! Disaster, ripped awning, broken poles! What a start to the holiday! Angela #15

Chris said...

Gorgeous tags Michelle, love the images and your beautiful colouring! You can never have too many bookmarks!
That jay is stunning, how lucky to get such a good photo of him.
xx

BJ said...

Gorgeous colouring and love the lacey edged tag. Love the Jay photo, not an easy bird to get as they are so skittish. We get some greater spotted woodpeckers at the moment who devour the seeds from the birdfeeders. Such a joy to see all the birds in the garden. Hugs BJ#11

Lindart said...

Your bookmarks are very cute! I always give a book mark with every book that I gift to someone. And of course the one I use is almost 15 years old and falling apart! I have never seen a Jay like that before, ours are all blue, I'll try and take a pic and post it. Have a great week, Lindart #22

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Such cute tags and backgrounds are perfect for these adorable images... beautifully colored. Thanks for sharing your tags/bookmark with us at Double Trouble.

JanR said...

Great bookmarks! Thanks for showing us the process too! That is a very interesting bird. I've never seen one like it (probably because I live in Canada (: ).

JanR said...

Meant to add, thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Melanie R said...

Fabulous bookmarks! Beautifully colored, too. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #165.

Ella's Design said...

Great bookmarks using those fun Polkadoodles images, Michelle and I love the detailed tag edge, so pretty...
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

Kellianne said...

Love these cute images and the mixed media tags you made from them! And I love the Blue Jay you caught a photo of! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)

Becca Sadler said...

Your tags are terrific!!! I always like mixed media! Thanks for sharing the tags at Ally's Angels during the April competition! --Becca

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

You have created the most gorgeous tag. Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Beautiful mixed media bookmarks!

We see this bird in Poland too, it's zięba, very popular in cities. :)

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara

Fairy Themed ATCs Woyww #784

Sharing a set of Fairy themed ATC cards made for a craft group monthly swap using the  Gecko Galz   Pixie Dream land digital download Kit. I...