blog backbdrop

Thursday 11 January 2018

A Tag made using Tim Holtz Distress Oxides & Inkylicious - Hope with a Heart Balloon stamp

For this tag I used Tim Holtz distress oxides and the Inkylicious Bankys Hope with a Heart Balloon stamp.







colours used:-

pickled raspberry
twisted citron
peacock feathers
seedless preserves




When these inks are spritzed with a fine mist of water on your blending mat, the colour really intensifies. 



Using the Inkylicious art tags, I swiped the tags individually across the colours, ensuring that I dried each layer of colour with my heat gun before adding more. I went for three different arrays of colour.  These inks have a lovely chalky texture that do not rub off when dry. If you want to add a little extra colour in s specific place you can just re-spritz with water and add the colour where you want it, dabbing off any excess. These colours are a lot bolder. The first two tags I am using for a later project and the third tag is the one I am focussing on today.

https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/




I stamped the Inkylicious Hope with a Balloon stamp with Versafine black soot ink and while the ink was wet I quickly sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top, then heat embossed it. For the balloon, I used a juicy red Dreamees dinky inky and followed the same process. Heat embossing this delightful stamp added a little more texture to the tag.




I decided to add another stamped layer but this time used a range of water based inks onto watercolour card. I used a  blue and red Dreamees dinky inky, Tim Holtz distress ink in evergreen borough and a white pigment inky by Artiste.

To get the distressed circles I used the white ink through a circle stencil and then whilst the ink on the card was wet, I added some clear embossing powder and embossed it. I like the rather distressed look as a result.


I layered up the bookmark with the the background I had made and some pink satin board to finish of the tag. This tag was made for a craft group swap.


Happy Crafting











5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tags and backgrounds -love the embossed images and your step by step
Carol x

Tracey T said...

Looks Fantastic, I love the embossing, it adds another texture xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Tracey x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...