blog backbdrop

Saturday 6 January 2018

ATCs For January 2018 Group Swap - Using Inkilicious & Dreamees Stamps

The theme for the January ATCs this months group swap is "The Elements" - rain/wind/fire/earth.
So I chose the first 3 as I had stamps for the theme.





I chose the Inkylicious Rain Drops stamp for my first ATC. I used T im Holtz broken china distress ink for the background.


I backed it onto cordinating card stock and Hunkydory rainbow mirri board,


I also added some glossy accent for texture.  The light just catches it at this angle.






For my second ATC I chose the little mouse from The Dreamees Autumn Days stamp set to represent wind. The mouse is holding onto the cocktail umbrella as its being swept away. T stamped the mouse with a memento dye baded ink pad in rich cocoa and coloured him in with the brown and pink dinky inkies. I used Tim Holtz broken china distress ink on the background to follow on from the first ATC and a green dinky inky for the grass. The grass stamp was a free stamp from a craft magazine.


I backed the ATC onto the same blue coordinating cardstock and ruffled the cocktail umbrella up to look windswept. I even broke some of the spokes as the always seems to happen to your brolly on a windy day!






My third ATC is fire and used The Dreamees By the Fire stamp set for this one. First I inked my cardstock with Tim Holtz spiced marmalade distress ink and a yellow dinky inky. I dried the ink off with a heat gun before stamping with the same memento rich cocoa ink pad. I used Tim Holtz spiced marmalade distress ink to bring out the orange in the flames and a brown dinky inky for the fireplace and logs.

I backed the card onto some cordinating brown cardstock and gold mirri board.



I added some glossy accent to the mantlepiece and a little shimmer to the flames with a spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen.

The wording was stamped with the Crafters Companion Classic alphabet stamp set;




Happy Crafting




2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great ATC set love the raindrops and brolly
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol, I've really got into making these ATCs at the moment, they're fun to make x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...