blog backbdrop

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Fantasy Fairydoor stamp set by The Dreamees

For this card I used The Dreamees Fantasy Fairydoor stamp set along with their Exquisitely Exotic flower stamps.





I started by stamping the fairydoor and brick wall stamp onto some Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection cardstock. The toadstalls were stamped onto cream card and the fairies heat embossed onto vellum with silver superfine metallic Wow embossing powder.




I used the Crafters Companion Autumn Morning Natural Wood embossing folder. on the door which gave the cardstock a lovely grain. I cut out the window panel and hinges on the second part of the door that I had stamped and embossed as I wanted to decoupage them.




Now, I had previously made a background for a postcard using The Visible Image stamp - Live in the Moment stamp and Tim Holtz distress oxide inks. This backing paper is the other half which I decided to save for this project so that I could stamp and heat emboss The Dreamees Esquisitely Exotic flower stamps as the mottled colouring was perfect for the flowers.


I was really happy with how these flowers turned out, each one different.



I love shape of these flowers, a little raggedy and considering they were stamped onto Hunkydory 250gsm stamping card as I used the distress oxides on the card, the flowers shaped up really well.




I used the smallest flowers around the door and you can really see the grain on that door now.  I coloured the back of the vellum fairies with spectrum noir pens with a little shimmer on their wings.

I added a little shimmer to the toadstalls using my spectrum noir clear overlay sparkle pen. 

As this card was made for a group swap, I made my usual bookmark to accompany it, using the fairy stamp.


Finally I stamped some white tissue paper with the small stamps, placing them all on one stamping block and repeatedly stamping across the sheet.  I then spritzed it with some metallic mica powder, gently dabbing the tissued paper with a paper towel, making sure that I didnt smudge any of it.

The card and bookmark were then wrapped in the printed tissue paper, ready to go in the post.


Happy Crafting.






2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the Fairy door and omg you cut out all those beautiful embossed flowers-love the toadstools too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks a lot Carol. I still cut all my flowers out by hand. Its a really cute stamp set and flower stamp too.

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...