blog backbdrop

Thursday 25 January 2018

Decorated Envelope

This is my decorated envelope for a swap to go overseas. Any theme but needs to be colourful and decorated both sides.







I started off with a sturdy manilla envelope 5 . 5  x  7 . 5 inches. It needed to be pretty sturdy to accept the distress oxides I was going to use on it.

The Tim Holtz Distress Oxides I used for this project were: -

salty ocean 
pickled raspberry
peacock feathers





I then sourced various elements to add to it once the envelope was dry, like some Papermania Portobello Road backing papers and some lacy rub-on transfers.





 As it was going overseas, I thought the UK used postage stamps would add a nice touch and then found various die cuts to slot in here and there. For a little texture, I used a mix of blue/red/silver/green metallic pearl drops.





I carried this theme over onto the back of the envelope. You can just be as random as you like and its a good way of using up all the bits and pieces that you don't  use anymore, or are not enough to add to another project.

I will add a few die cuts inside before sending it in a slightly bigger envelope. It's great to receive someone else's artwork back in return.


Happy Crafting


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea for a swap and fabulous decorated envelope-love the use of the stamps too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol, thinking of using a batch of stamps I've collected for another project x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...