blog backbdrop

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Postcard made using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide and Visible Image - Live in the moment stamp set

Happy post came in the form of my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks after Christmas.  Collection 2 comprising of 12 lush summer colours. This postcard was made for a craft group swap.
 I cut a piece of Hunkydory colour me professional stamping card (300gsm) to 6 x 4. This card is sturdy and has a lovely smooth texture.



Colours used for this project -


abandoned coral
lucky clover
antique linen



These inks have a lovely chalky finish to them and when spritzed with water the colour intensifies.




I swiped the card across the ink and then dried that layer with my heat gun. I repeated this action a few times, making sure that I did not actually merge the two colours on my bending mat and drying each layer so that the colours layered up.  If you want the ink to move more on the card, just spritz a little more, dab off any excess with a paper towel and dry with a heat gun.  I added patches of the antique linen which gave a little creamy colour to areas of the card.

Now it really doesn't look much at this point I admit, but the texture is chalky looking and does not rub off on your hands as you would expect chalk to do.




I also used this fabulous Mandala stencil free from a craft magazine with a set of stamps to achieve the background look I was after.



To get the shimmery background I used versafine clear embossing ink pad over the stencil and then dusted the card with the metallic iridescent mica powder using a soft brush. I really like vintage look this postcard has now taken on.
https://visibleimage.co.uk/


Next, I heat embossed the Visible Image Live in the moment stamp set using versafine clear embossing ink and silver metallic super fine Wow embossing powder onto my postcard.



When the mica powder from the stencil and the silver embossed stamps catch the light, it really transforms what started out as a grungy background.



As this has to go through the post and face the elements of weather via Royal Mail, I have given it a coat of water resistant modge podge.


Happy Crafting

















1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the embossed Dragonflies-something magical about Dragonflies,Bees and toadstools or just me???
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...