blog backbdrop

Thursday 12 October 2017

Iris Folding

I started my crafting journey experimenting with iris folding using an elegant dress kit and then making a few Christmas cards


Iris folding is done by arranging and layering strips of paper or fabric in a spiralled pattern that resembles the iris of a camera lens.  That's how this craft got its name.  You start with a numbered template and various templates can be found online for you to download and follow to start you off. Once you understand the basics of iris folding, you can create your own patterns and easily follow any numbered patterns you find.  This craft technique can be used to create cards and embellishments.




I purchased the elegant dress kit from create and craft after watching it demonstrated and thought I'd give it a go.

I then had a go at a few Christmas cards




Happy Crafting




No comments:

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...