blog backbdrop

Thursday 12 October 2017

Decopatch


I discovered decopatch after an evening crafting with a few friends.

    

Decopatch is a decorative funky kind of papercraft, very much like papier mache, only much cooler nowadays. Decopatch is a modern twist on decoupage, creating a vibrant piece of art or allowing you to breathe life into tired objects in need of a re-vamp.




  


A4 sheets of decopatch tissue paper can be purchased in a mixed pack or individually from craft shops or online. The ones above are an example of what I used on Ralph



Next........came Junior...I was asked to make one in leopard print






Before you know it you find you're slightly addicted.  So with leopard print decopatch paper left over I decided to decorate my daughters dvd box which was looking rather tired.





This wooden fruit bowl I found in a charity shop for 50p. It was tired and shabby but I liked the shape. So I used some bronze/gold crackle decopatch paper to give it new life and sealed it with a coat of decopatch varnish.

I then found myself looking at things to upcycle at car boot sales. I found the perfect children's wooden chair for my next project....the only problem was...it was pink! A quick lick of paint solved that and I decided to decopatch it for a special little boys birthday. I finished it off with a couple of coats of waterproof decopatch varnish to seal it and some wooden letters to personalise it.  Its still going strong today.




My next project was a bit of an experiment using a papier mache mask.  Instead of using tissue paper I decided to use an old music sheet from an old music book that a charity shop had in a box for 25p. I needed to use more glue to get a good adhesion as the music sheets were quite thick. I finished this off with some braiding, crystals, mesh, silk flowers, feathers and mini fascinator. The theme in my head was a venetian mask.

Then I discovered IndigoBlu!  I watched Kay Halliwell-Sutton demo one of her Mannequin slap it on starter kits and was blown away. She stamped onto tissue paper and with some ink and some lush paints from her collection, created some stunning pieces.  I used one of her mannequins and large embellishments for the top of the mannequin, along with some vintage tissue paper to decorate. I finished off with some crystal beaded trim and a few embellishments.



http://www.indigoblu.com/kits-c93/indigoblu-slap-it-on-kit-c96/indigoblu-slap-it-on-starter-kit-with-mannequin-p641

Feel free to leave a comment and if you have any questions on my projects or materials used.

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...