blog backbdrop

Monday 23 October 2017

Stamps by Chloe - Chloe Endean

Today I thought I would share another firm favourite of mine and that's stamps by Chloe. Her cards are always very sparkly and so pretty.

Chloe has her own range of Wow glitter embossing powder mixes which I have a good selection of.  I use the metallic gold and silver super fine embossing powders all the time as with all Wow powders they emboss really well and catch fine detail perfectly without doing dull, which can happen if you heat the powder too long.

I have a mix of spring and winter in this collection




With this card I used Crafters Companion black centura pearl cardstock and a layer of pink pearlescent paper. The Stamps by Chloe flower ring stamp has been heat embossed onto the co-ordinating pearlescent paper twice. I fussy cut around the edge of  the first flower ring so it left me with a pearlescent centre topper and then cut groups of the flowers out of the second ring, which were layered onto the first flower ring to give a little dimension. I like using Pinflair glue gel for dimensional projects. I finished the card of with some little black gems in the centres of the flowers.



Another card made in a different colour way with the Stamps by Chloe Flower Ring. This time it has been heat embossed onto vellum using the super fine Wow embossing powder. It has been layered up in the same way and has a piece of glitter backing paper and a white tonic centura pearl cardstock with a green hue. Finished off with co-ordinating pearls.

These cards were made using my absolute favourite of a flower stamp and that is the Christmas Rose, which at date of posting is still available on Chloes website. Its quite a big flower stamp which stamp beautifully and is so easy to cut out. On these cards I stamped onto Chloes Mars (red) pearlescent paper which is quite thick compared to other pearlescent papers I have used and has a rich lustrous rich sheen to it.

 I used Versamark clear ink and rich gold super fine metallic Wow embossing powder to bring out
the fine detail of this stamp. I also used her pine branches stamp (which I'm not sure is still current, but if you can get hold of it I would recommend you do so as its very versatile and a fab stamp
 to use).  I watched Chloe demo making these flowers and wanted to recreate these on my cards.
After cutting these flowers out use a ball tool in the centre of the flower to give the flower a
 little shape. 

Then, pinch the centre if each leaf between finger and thumb to form a crease. Gently re-inforce
the shape of the flower by using the ball tool in the centre of each flower after you have finished
shaping the petals.

I use a foam mat when shaping my flowers. When you assemble them off set the petals. I use a
tacky pva based glue that dries clear when sticking them together, like Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue.
I placed a co-ordinating gem in the centre of the flower and left my collection of flowers to dry before constructing my card.

The foliage branches behind the flowers were heat embossed with Chloe's Sparkling Spruce Wow powder mix embossing powder (which has flecks of gold in it) onto heat resistant acetate.
I used Ivory centura pearl cardstock and a Crafters Companion birthday sentiment for the card, along with some glittery peel offs for the names. As these cards were made for birthdays near Christmas, it seemed an ideal flower stamp to use. I these flowers have a real wow effect once you make them up.




This time I have used the Christmas Rose on ivory pearlescent paper and embossed it again with the rich gold super fine embossing powder. The card was made into a flower ring, inspired by the one Chloe Endean made with an acetate layer on each flower. I have to say I loved making this card.




I used heat resistant acetate to emboss the flowers in the same way I made the ivory flowers on pearlescent paper. It is a little more fiddly to shape and pinch the petals on the acetate but is worth it when you put your flowers together. The acetate layer gives such a beautiful delicate dimension to
the flowers which really stand out on the card. Apart from the pine branch foliage you really don't need anything else on your card as the flowers take centre stage.

I used Crafters Companion Timeless double sided cardstock for the card base as I wanted it to co-ordinate with the box I had made for the card. Gold mirri card and ivory centura pearl cardstock
was layered onto the card for a base for the flowers.  This card was made for another Christmas Birthday.



I do think that when you have put a lot of love into making a card for the receiver to enjoy, it should have a box to sit in. Cards like this will hopefully become a keepsake and thus need a box
 to go back into.

I have always scored my cards using my Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro. this was my first major craft purchase. For larger makes like boxes I use their A3 boxer board, it never fails me and I get perfect score lines every time.








The Christmas Rose stamps doesn't have to be used for Christmas, its a very versatile stamp as you can see here I have used it on two special birthday cards.

I have heat embossed these lovely flower stamps onto coloured vellum this time using the silver metallic super fine Wow embossing powder.

With vellum you need to heat emboss very gently, especially if it is not heat resistant as you will risk it buckling and shrivelling up if it gets too much heat. I love embossing onto vellum as it makes your flowers look so delicate and almost like frosted glass.

The detail on this stamp isn't lost using the vellum. This time I haven't creased the petals, just curled each petal gently from the edge using the end of a thin paint brush...would you believe. It does need to be gently so not to crease the vellum as you are going for a very natural curve.

I have used white (with a silver hue|) centura pearl cardstock and  Hunkydory rainbow shimmer mirri board. The dies are the Pretty Pearl circle dies by Tattered Lace. I have also use the same Crafters Companion birthday die.




Another card made using vellum for the flowers but this time for Mothers Day.
I used white (with a silver fleck) centura pearl cardstock, Hunkydory mirri cards and an Xcut heart die set. The silver swirl die was from The Dreamees.

These are some of the products used:-






If you have any questions about making these flowers or the products I have used, I'd be happy to answer them.

Happy Crafting




4 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning collection of cards Michelle truly beautiful really love the beautiful Christmas roses in the gold on the 40th card
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks,that's my favourite too. It's so easy to cut out x

Katie said...

Gorgeous cards

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Katie x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...