blog backbdrop

Sunday 29 October 2017

Visible Image

Another craft duo who produce some truly inspirational stamps & stencils are Mark & Helen Alexander, who are Visible Image. Their designs are unique and very different. Their arty images and inspiring quotes make fabulous toppers and backgrounds for cards, journal pages and mixed media pieces. Great quality and lovely to work with. They have an amazing design team who constantly bring buckets of inspiration for their products. I love these stamps.

https://visibleimage.co.uk/
https://visibleimage.co.uk/blog/

Here are a few cards I have made with their stamps. First with the Create With Your Soul  sentiment stamp.
I used an ink technique called bokeh to create the bubble effect on an inked background. Then stamped with the Visible Image Create With Your Soul sentiment stamp when the background was dry.  The butterflies are a Dreamees stamp. 



Here on an mdf plaque I used a stencil and Tim Holtz ink to create my backing paper onto stamping card. Then heat embossed the Visible Image Create with your Soul sentiment stamp using copper Wow embossing powder. Finishing off with gathered lace around the edge.






My first mixed media mini canvas using the same stamp, some tissue paper for texture, texture paste, mica powder and random bits and pieces from my craft draw.








 
On this card I have used the Visible Image  Dragonfly stamp. I Stamped onto white card using a versaMark clear embossing pad and the dusted it with metallic mica powders. I did the same with the topper for the card.




I





 used the same technique for this card but a variation on colour, adding the Live in the Moment sentiment stamp. These stamps are thick and deeply etched to pick up every detail and get a perfect image.




 I do love this stamp, its so unique, from the Visible Image, Where your Dreams Take You stamp set.
I was inspired by a demo by Mark Alexandra where he used droplets of distress ink and let them run down the card creating a dripped effect. So, I decided to try and re-create this myself. 

 I heat embossed onto watercolour card with black embossing powder and used Tim Holtz distress inks to ink around the edges of the card. When trying this technique I let each dripped colour dry first to avoid them merging into a muddy puddle.

I also used some pebeo masking solution over the whites of the eye to avoid getting any colour on there.  It provides a rubbery cover wherever you paint it. When you have finished colouring your card, the solution just rubs off. On the name bunting I used coordinating ink.








I made this card using the Capture The Moment camera stamp by Visible Image.
I used a printed backing paper and stamped the film reel using an Inkylicious stamp. Then stamped various images using Stazon ink onto the acetate. Stazon is a solvent based ink and ideal for stamping onto non porous surfaces.  After stamping the topper, I decoupaged the zoom lense and gave it an acetate lense to give the image a little dimension.

















 For this free standing plaque, I used the Visible Image  Laugh Louder sentiment stamp which has been heat embossed with silver metallic superfine Wow embossing powder. I have also used the same embossing powder to heat emboss the butterfly stamps onto pink vellum using The Dreamees  Fall & Foliage stamp set.



Using a Dreamees mdf plaque, I made this inspirational plaque made using the Visible Image  Keep Going Stamp which has been heat embossed onto Dreamees backing paper. Flowers were made using Dreamees Pretty Petals stamp set.




Using the same Visible Image Keep Going sentiment stamp which has been heat embossed onto embossing glitter. The flowers were made using The Dreamees Creative Chrysanthemums stamp set and the backing papers are also from the Dreamees cd.





This bookmark was made for a group swap using the Visible Image Face it Stamp and the Perfectly
Flawed sentiment stamp. The eyelids have also been glittered. I inked the watercolour card using the
same set of Tim Holtz Distress Ink Minis. I love tis stamp set too, one of my favourites.

I hope you have enjoyed my makes


Happy Crafting









No comments:

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...