blog backbdrop

Monday 23 October 2017

Upcycling cherry trays

A trip to Tescos proved more fruitful than expected when I eyed up some delicious 1kg cherries that were in a very nice plain wooden tray. Not only were they on offer, but I thought I could make use of the box they were sitting in once we'd eaten all those cherries!

When I realised these trays were stackable, I decided another trip to Tescos was needed and was delighted to see that the cherries were still on offer. These trays are slightly smaller than A4.



I used 2 coats of  duck egg chalk paint and then decided to use one of my Dreamees flower stamps to decorate the trays. I finished it off with some Dovecraft clear glitter glue for the centres of the flowers, which took the colour of the paint below to give a lovely aqua sparkle.
I was really pleased with the finish.




Dreamees - A Charming Cascade Flower Stamps
All it takes is a little of imagination to create something different or breathe new life
into something old.


Happy Crafting


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

A brilliant idea and fabulous transformation love the colour and stamps
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol, I'm always looking for something to upcycle x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...