blog backbdrop

Thursday 12 October 2017

Candle Printing

Another use for tissue paper is with candle printing. You can either stamp onto your tissue paper or print onto like I did. This is a little more fiddly. I like to use scented candles.
First I taped a piece of tissue paper smaller than the A4 sheet of copier paper I was using to print on.
I found if my printer detected an uneven edge when the paper was fed through the, it wanted to chew it up, hence why you need a clear edge all the way around. Once your image has printed onto the tissue side of your paper, it can be cut out leaving border.




Position the tissue image over the candle and wrap a piece of greaseproof paper or wax paper around the candle and hold it in place to secure the image firmly and allowing enough paper for you to hold onto whist heating it. Make sure your heat gun is already hot before introducing the heat to the paper around the candle. Do this gently over the whole image. Once you see moisture on the paper, stop and gently check its done. The top layer of wax will melt enough to embed the tissue into the candle. Do it too much and the candle will warp. Allow to cool. On the orange candle I used an IndigoBlu script stamp with Stazon ink onto the tissue paper.




http://www.indigoblu.com/rubber-stamps-c3/a6-rubber-stamps-c7/indigoblu-script-background-a6-red-rubber-stamp-by-indigoblu-p624





I used an image on one of Debbi Moore's cd roms for this candle and added a few gems to it.




This by far was my favourite candle to make, probably because its personal to me.
I scanned a picture of my mother-in-law. Here she is sitting on a log, just a few years old reading a copy of The Dandy. A absolutely love this picture and what a great way of preserving your favourite vintage picture. Printed candles like this also make a lovely gift, whether it be for a special occasion or your favourite image.




It also looks cool printing photos onto the tissue, which make a nice gift. You can decorate it how you wish but just remember, that if you actually intend to burn your candle the peel offs, flowers and ribbon will burn too! You can make gifts to mix and match like with this candle and mini screen.
For this oriental candle (I actually make a card to match too). The images I used can be found on the Debbi Moore Oriental cd rom.





http://www.debbimoore.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=2952



The topper has been decoupaged and then layered onto a topper and co-ordinating backing papers. The coin paper embellishment has been embossed with crystal glitter magic



For these card I used the Debbi Moore Bookazine, which unfortunately is no longer available
but these images can be found on the cd rom or USB. I have also used Debbi Moores Print Magic in crystal and some glossy accent to add texture.





This is a larger screen card from the Debbi Moore Oriental collection.



A Debbi Moore diagonal gatefold pyramage card from the Oriental bookazine.



Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...