blog backbdrop

Sunday 17 December 2017

Dreamees Reindeers & Rocking Horses

For this Christmas card I used The Dreamees Reindeers & Rocking Horses stamp set.



I stamped and heat embossed the reindeers onto watercolour card using a silver superfine Wow metallic silver embossing powder. I then made a paint from my metallic mica powders using a few drops of water. I mixed this into a paint pallet, You can always add water gradually to get the right consistency but you cant take it away. The colours used were a peach, irridescent silver and raspberry.  For their red noses I used a red pearl drops. When dry I cut them out and used pinflair glue gel to stick them to the card for dimension.

The background was made using snowflake stamps from the same stamp set. On white centura pearl cardstock I stamped the snowflakes using a versafine clear ink pad and then dusted it with metallic turquoise mica powder. To set it, I used a very fine mist of hairspray (dont use hairspray with conditioners as it will make your cardstock tacky).

The card was them layered up with a piece of turquoise centura pearl card (that I happened to have that was the same size) and Dreamees backing paper. Adding a Dreamees stamped sentiment and pearls. The card base is also centura pearl.


http://www.dreamees.org.uk/






No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...