blog backbdrop

Thursday 28 December 2017

Visible Image - The Ripple Effect stap set Male Birthday Card

Using the inspiration from the Visible Image gallery on their website, I used their Ripple Effect background stamp to form the main image on a male birthday card I needed to make.



To make this A5 card I used Kraft card for the base with black card as a layer for the main panel of the card which was watercolour card.




Using the largest stamp I heat embossed it onto black cardstock using black embossing powder to form the 3 music records.




On a piece of A5 watercolour card I used my Dreamees dinky inkies to form the background. I chose an orange and yellow from the Spring/Summer Collection and a green from the Autumn/Winter collection.  These are water-based inks. I use a little glycerine on my craft mat to help them glide and blend in the same way as my Tim Holtz distress inks.




Using both circle stamps from The Ripple Effect set. I then made a border around the card using a light brown dinky inky from the Spring/Summer collection.




I then die cut the stamped circles along with some smaller circles to form the middle part of the records and some coordinating card from the Tim Holtz kraft card nostalgic textured card pad.




Using two of the stamps for the centres, I saved the last disc to stamp a birthday sentiment.

I made a record sleeve with the card that I had pre-cut and stamped the wording from the Jazz it up stamp set.  I love this cardstock, it has a lovely grain and slight sheen on one side. the other side is kraft card.


I then arranged my records on the card. I love this background stamp, it's so versatile and after seeing a sample card made using this stamp to make a record, I thought it was a great idea to recreate.




I have chosen these colours as I wanted to achieve a retro feel to the card.


https://visibleimage.co.uk/

Happy Crafting











No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...