blog backbdrop

Thursday 8 February 2018

Pyramid Card made using Imagine Design Create - Mini Butterfly Blot stamp set

I received my lovely new stamps from Imagine Design Create, so decided it was time for a play with my new Butterfly Blot stamp set.

Here is my pyramid card made with this stamp set.













I decided that I would use my metallic mica powders for this card and chose pink, turquoise, and an iridescent shade.





First I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments. using the Imagine Design Create Butterfly Blot stamps and black embossing powder.





I embossed the sentiment twice onto two pieces of stamping card the same size, which in this case was 6  x  6 inches.  This way I could gauge where to place my stamps which needed to mirror each other.

Using a clear versafine ink pad and my stamping press I used all the stamps and mirrored the images on the second piece of card dusting them with the mica powders. I used the pink and the turquoise for the butterflies and spritzed the iridescent shade over the top both cards.








Next, I used two of my square stitched nesting dies to cut out a large and smaller square out of each piece of card.




Then I layered up the cards in a pyramid fashion to make sure the butterflies lined up.




I then thought I'd add a layer of coordinating satin board to lift the cards layers.



I used sticky pads between the layers to add some dimension and a piece of coordinating organza ribbon.

I like the way the mica powder catches the light and think the spritzed mica powder on this card ties in very well with the style of these delightful butterflies.  I think the sentiment on this card would make a great inspirational card.

I purchased these stamps on Etsy but they also have a website stocking lots of arts and crafts brands too.



Added to the following challenge:

Allsorts challenge

Happy Crafting








5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful stamps Michelle-love the layering and the effect with the mica powders-must get mine out and have a play
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thanks Very much Carol. Haven't
used these stamps before and really happy with the outcome x

Tracey T said...

Really is Beautiful Michelle,well worth the effort I must revisit my mica powders soon after seeing this xx

Christine said...

Lovely card and a very clear tutorial. I have often wondered how this layer card was made.... videos aren't for me but your explanation... perfect.
Thank you

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much ladies. I often revisit products too after seeing what other crafters do, as its so easy to forget about them when there is always something new around the corner. Thanks for the comment about my blog, I wanted to make it more a process of how I achieved my projects for anyone interested rather than just the finished item. My blog also links up to my Pinterest x.

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...