blog backbdrop

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Recipe for a Crafter plaque

A lovely lady from one of the craft groups I am a member of sent me lots of crafty goodies along with an ATC we swapped. I decided to put some of these papers and embellishments to good use and to make her a plaque.






I selected which papers and and embellishments to use for this project first.







This is what I used:-

  • an mdf oval
  • selection of the red themed paper ( one being felt) sent to me
  • a few of her coordinating ribbons & bow
  • a few of her coordinating paper flowers & strawberry button/gems
  • a few of my embelllishments - charms/diddy buttons/peg/ladybird/paper butterflies.
  • 2 eyelets
  • Dreamees Divine Doily die
  • Dreamees Recipe of a crafter stamp
  • Stitched rectangular nesting dies
  • Lace edge border die










The Dreamees Recipe of a Crafter sentiment stamp was heat embossed with black embossing powder onto a piece of white stamping card.

Then I die cut all my pieces ready to layer up onto my plaque. I used the Dreamees doily die and the stitched rectangular nesting dies on the sentiment card and felt layer.  For the spotty rectangular piece of card I used the lace edge border die




Using one of the Dreamees red dinky inkies I inked the edges of all the card stock including the mdf piece which I had already stuck two of the pieces of cardstock onto.


I decided where I wanted all the pieces to go before sticking them down with a mix of pinflair glue gel and cosmic shimmer glue. I decided not to use a few of the embellishments I'd originally chosen  and save them for another project.



Happy Crafting


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous plaque Michelle and love the papers and all the embellishments-perfect sentiment too
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much Carol, I use this recipe stamp a lot x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...