blog backbdrop

Thursday 15 February 2018

Heart mixed media plaque

The theme for this heart is red/roses/ hearts and this is what I came up with.











 This is what I used to start with:-

  • MDF heart
  • card gift tag & white watercolour card
  • Visible Image - Love you longer stamp
  • Crafty Individuals - distressed diamond background stamp
  • Leonie Pujol Typography mini embossing folder
  • Tim Holtz distress oxides inks in frayed burlap, pickled raspberry, abandoned coral




I made my inky background using the above distress oxides and included candied apple as it needed a deeper red.




I love the way all these colours just layer up so well together.





 I used the same colours on the tag but as the tag had a coating on it the colour dried a lot lighter.





Using a black stazon ink I stamped the sentiment onto the tag using the Visible Image - Love you longer sentiment stamp.






I drew around the mdf heart onto my inky background and cut it out.  Then I started to use the Crafty Individuals distressed diamond background stamp with the frayed burlap distress oxide ink.
I decided to add a little more texture with one of the Typography embossing folders by Leonie Pujol. These are absolutely brilliant for adding embossing to small areas.



I added the embossing to the corners of the tag also and then some mega gilding flakes by Indigoblu in Royal Peacock. Once I was happy with how it looked I stuck my heart to the mdf along with the stamped label.



I love the sentiment on this stamp and I'm happy how this plaque turned out.




Happy Crafting


Entered into the following challenges:-

The Artistic Stamper









8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful textured heart and I love the sentiment
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you Carol x

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Your plaque is fabulous michelle. Everything that I love, grungy, textured, and a brilliant sentiment... perfect. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge. X

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a gorgeous piece of mixed media Michelle and I love the sentiment that you’ve used. The red, black and gold all compliment each other perfectly too, I love it! Happy crafting, Sandra x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you, much appreciated x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Loving all the textures on your fab heart
Thank you so much for joining us at the That’s Crafty challenge blog
Hugs
Donna xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...