blog backbdrop

Monday 5 February 2018

Daisy Chain Designs DT Blog Challenge for February 2018 - Add a Heart Project 2



My card for Februarys Blog Challenge which is " Add a heart "













For this project I used the following:-

  • Kraft card
  • Green cardstock
  • Kaiser card from the Cherry Tree Lane Collection
  • Button washi tape
  • Mini calendar
  • Herbanella Vintage Blooms Trimmings
  • Key embellishment
  • Chipboard star embellishment
  • Brown raffia twine
  • Printed text card stock
  • X-cut heart nesting die
  • script embossing folder
  • pale green pearl





First I embossed a piece of kraft card with the same script embossing folder I used in Project 1 and then I lightly inked it with a spectrum noir clear overlay sparkle pen (you can't really see it in the pictures). Then I wrapped the raffia twine with the key around the heart. before layering it onto the larger heart with Pinflair gel glue for a little dimension.






I began to layer the papers onto the card, adding strips of washi tape to the top left corner of the paper and adding the rest of the embellishments. As this is a New Year card for my friend (hence the calendar), just above the calendar I have used a Dreamees sentiment stamp " Hello Friend. "  The card has been finished off with a little faux stitching.

The main feature of this card being, of course, " add a heart ". A card for all year round.



Happy Crafting







1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

I love this -beautiful papers and love the embossed heart with the twine and key
Carol x

Bookmark/Tags WOYWW #778

I've  been finishing off some tag/bookmarks this week and I do like a bookmark. I also wanted to use these cool digi images from Polkado...