blog backbdrop

Tuesday 7 November 2017

ATC & Inchies for October Group Swap

These are the ATCs I made to swap with my craft group.  Artist Trading Cards are a little piece of artwork that is always traded and never sold between crafters.  Each card measures 2. 5" x 3. 5" and the idea behind them is that you show your favourite technique or try a new technique and pass it on to another crafter to enjoy or for inspiration.


My First ATC used Tim Holtz scattered straw and spun sugar distress ink through a stencil. The Cool Retro Camper stamp was free with an edition of the Craft Stamper Magazine.

I heat embossed the camper van with black embossing powder onto watercolour card and then coloured it in with metallic mica powders that I added water to make a thickish paint. It has a lovely sheen when dry.

On the second ATC I  used another free stamp from The Craft Stamper magazine, called Blooming Doodles. I used Tim Holtz Vintage photo to ink through the brick stencil. I have made a paint from the mica powder again for the flower and added a fence and leaf stencil.


My third ATC I  inked with Tim Holtz scattered straw again and then gently brushed with a little metallic lemon mica powder. Next, I used a circle stencil and white pigment ink to create a bokeh background.  "Bokeh" is the fuzzy white circles of light in the background of photographs that are recreated in crafting.

I used a spring garden stamp set and some glossy accent to add texture and the appearance of drops of water from the watering can.

My inchies for swapping:-
I made these using watercolour card which I inked with Tim Holtz broken china and then heat embossed with white embossing powder using an Indigoblu script stamp. I then die cut them with my 6 piece puzzle die, stamped HOPE and added some white twine.


Happy Crafting










No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...