blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 November 2017

Stampendous - Mermaid Card

This card was made using a mermaid stamp by Stampendous and starfish stamp/ wording stamps from Sheena Douglass By the Sea collection.




Using Sheena Douglass watercolour card to stamp my image onto and a stazon ink pad.
Stazon is a permanent solvent ink formulated for use on semi-porous and non-porous surfaces. If  you are watercoloring with a watercolour brush or using a blender pen then this is the type of ink you will need to use. As it is alcohol based it wont smear or make your image bleed when you add colour to it.  Stazon does stain your stamps but this does not harm their performance in any way.

I used a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Dreamees Dinky Inkies (water based). I masked the stamped mermaid so that I could ink the background. The mermaid tail has been shimmered with a Spectrum Noir sparkle clear overlay pen. The bubbles were made by hole punching different sized circles from remnants of the inked card that the mermaid has been stamped onto.

The sentiment and starfish are from Sheena Douglas By The Sea stamp collection. The starfish was stamped onto some ginger card (from my stash) and I inked the edges and moulded them to soften the shape a little. The sentiment was stamped onto acetate using stazon ink.

I sourced some coordinating backing papers, mermaid fin and grey shabby fence with these adorable seashell beads that I found at The Works. I knew they'd come in handy one day. Some small pearls finished the card of nicely.





Hope you like the card


Happy Crafting



No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...