blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 November 2017

Dreamees Workshop October 2017

The Dreamees October Workshop was a great opportunity to meet up and craft with my crafty colleagues using everything Dreamees.

Greeted with a cuppa and cake was a great way to start the morning in Mansfield and after a natter with fellow Dreamees we started our first project which was an mdf sleigh.



After assembling the sleigh, we gave it a coat of white paint. Leaving it to dry we then started to stamp out our poinsettia flowers onto the new Dreamees Christmas papers from our pack and heat embossing the sprigs onto acetate using the Dreamees silver embossing powder.  I added the blue frosted berries and silver foliage later for extra decoration.



After shaping and layering up the flowers I added baby blue Dreamees pearls and stamped my sentiment on a piece of coordinating Christmas paper. Once the sleigh was dry I sanded the sides down a little to give it a shabby chic look and we dabbed a little blue dinky inky ink all around the edges of the sleigh.

Then we heat embossed the bottom of the sleigh with Dreamees embossing glitter .....I think I wore most of mine along with the ladies next to me.

 Silver ribbon and more pearls completed my sleigh and I just added the mini baubles for decoration.

We stopped for some lunch whilst deciding who's hands were covered in the most paint and who was wearing more embossing powder...... I think that was probably me! Then onto our next project.


Using all the elements from our next pack, I made this Christmas card. We used the Dreamees snowflake dies and stamped Christmas images.


I used the pale blue dinky inky for the sky and the pink for the roof, painting it with the Dreamees blending pen. When the ink was dry I went over the roof and door with some glossy accent. I also used a spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen on the snowy hills and a little stickles in frosted lace (which gives a snowy texture) by the little snowman.


Project three was a monochrome card involving stamping with the Dreamees Poinsettia stamps.



We stamped the poinsettias for the backing paper and I added some white Dreamees pearls in the centre and used my spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen randomly on the petals.
I also added one of the stamped toppers from the Reindeers & Rocking Horses stamp set and coloured it in with a brown dinky inky using the Dreamees blending pen.


I used the red nuvo pearl drops for his red nose and the stickles frosted lace for the snow.


Project four was a  reindeer tag. I used the pale blue dinky inky for the hazy blue sky with the Dreamees blending pen and the mini snowflakes and sentiment stamps from the stamp set.


I gave him a nuvo red nose and used more of my stickles frosted lace for snow drops.

I still have some papers left over and had a wonderful day with some lovely crafters. Jimmy provided a staggering display of mdf  to buy and as always there was an abundance of Dreamees goodies to buy also.




You can book a workshop using the link below and these are some of the products we used.

http://www.dreamees.org.uk/

http://www.dreamees.org.uk/workshops-159-c.asp












Happy Crafting















No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...