blog backbdrop

Monday 6 November 2017

Encaustic Art Mermaid Bookmark

Whilst attending a craft show at Alexandra Palace, I was really interested in the Encaustic Art stand.
By using special coloured wax blocks with an iron, the melted wax was spread onto a glossy card to make spirals of colour.  At first, you don't think it looks like anything special but when it dries you can really see a pretty cool background for your projects.

I watched them demonstrate some pretty cool pictures made purely out of this wax using an iron and would certainly look into going on one of their courses if you are looking for something different to inspire you.

https://encaustic.com/

On one of my make and takes that day,  I made this background which I decided was going to form my bookmark as it had a bit of an aurora borealis theme to it, perfect for my mermaid.

I stamped and coloured my mermaid on the rock using the Sheena Douglass By The Sea stamp set.
I stamped a little of the seaweed from the stamp set onto vellum and added some sea shell beads, pearls and sequins with some organza blue ribbon and orange netting to finish it off.

I thought it came out really well.





Happy Crafting

No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...