blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 November 2017

Mixed Media Plaque

Following the inspiration from Ali Reeve (Stamps Away) at the craft show, Alexandra Palace I decorated this mdf plaque.
I used polyfiller (a cheap version) through one of Ali Reeve's masks (Stamps Away).  Once dry I used gilding wax to colour the letters. For the base, I scrunched up some paper, leaving in as many creases as possible. I then glued the screwed up paper to the mdf plaque using a tacky pva based glue like cosmic shimmer. When dry I trimmed the edges of the plaque.
Then I painted the plaque with a mixture of acrylic paint & clear gesso, as I didn't have any black gesso. Next, I gently rubbed bronze gilding wax over the creases to give it a distressed crackled look.
Using a tacky glue I carefully stuck my wording to the plaque adding a few card cog embellishments a metal bolt, a mini compass I kept out of a cracker toy and some components out of a broken travel clock (I took apart before throwing away of course!!) 
Ali Reeve's products can be found at Clevercut and many other craft outlets.
  
Art is an adventure, the only limit is your imagination.
  
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...