blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 November 2017

Dreamees Fuchsia Flowers Tutorial.

I made this easel aperture card using  the Flower Shower Fuchsia stamps set which have been layered u and papers from the Dreamees Whimsical Wonders collection. Also a leafy die and tattered lace pearl circle for the aperture.









What I used:-  
  • Dreamees Flower Shower Stamp set
  • colour choice of card for flowers and leaf die ( I used co-ordinations cardstock)
  • flower stamens
  • Tim Holtz peeled paint distress ink
  • Tim Holtz victorian velvet distress ink
  • Leafy die
  • tacky pva based glue (I used Cosmic Shimmer)








I used the medium plain stamp for the tube/stem end of the flower and the

the bud of the fuchsia. The large plain stamp I used for the petals. The distress inks are ideal
to soften the edges of the flowers and give them  some shading.  
In In the smallest pink flower I made a hole with a pokey tool to thread the stamen through.


Making the bud


Put a fine line of glue on the edge of each petal and hold for a minute or two. 





 I left the last  petal open.  




Then thread your stamen through.





Before sticking the bud to the larger layer of the flower, curl the end of the stamen to hide it under the bud. I curled the ends of the second layered flower petals back.




I like this cardstock as its textured on one side and doesn't have a white core when torn.





Finish the flower with the last green flower shape on the base of the fuchsia and stick the
die cut leaf to the middle of the base so it will hang.





You know have your first hanging fuchsia.



As you can see I made 3 large flowers, 3 hanging flowers and 4 buds. I also made a large flower as the stopper on the easel card.


I hope you've found this useful

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...