blog backbdrop

Saturday 11 November 2017

November Postcard swap

My postcard swap for November. I decided to use a mix of stamps for my 6 x 4 postcard on watercolour card.



The stamps I have used are The Dreamees Binky & Bo, Inkylicious Delicate vines and Reach for the Moon and a free spring garden stamp set from a craft magazine for the grass.



After stamping my bunnies I used my handmade circle stencil (made from acetate using various die cut circles) to ink a moon by using a white Docrafts Artiste pigment ink. As soon as I stippled the ink through the circle using dauber, I added some clear embossing powder so that it would stick to the ink. I know you can't see this on the white card at the moment.  I heat embossed it to create my glossy moon.

I made a mask for my bunny using a some of my Stix 2 masking sheets. I didn't bother for the moon as it was embossed and I wanted a slightly smudgy look around the moon for a bit of shadow.

I used the blue dinky ink from The Dreamees Autumn winter set and inked my card. When dry |I took my bunny mask off and coloured them in using The Dreamees grey inky from their Spring/Summer set. As the watercolour card is slightly textured it also shows a little texture on the bunnies once coloured.

Then I heat embossed the sentiment stamp Reach for the Moon by Inkylicious using black versafine ink and then very quickly covered it with clear embossing powder and embossed it. This is a good technique to avoid stray speckles of embossing powder that you can get from embossing sentiments.

I used the Inkylicious Delicate Vines around the moon and the grass stamp from my free stamp set. Finishing it off with a few stars made with a sparkle gel pen.

As this postcard was going in the post, I was given a very good tip to coat it with a matt varnish to protect it from the weather and getting damaged from handling.

I used some waterproof Mod Podge varnish/glue that I had.


https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/inkylicious-stamps/cat_31.html



http://www.dreamees.org.uk/





I hope you've enjoyed my postcard walk though.

Happy Crafting











2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great postcard love the scene and great sentiment
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Thank you very much for your kind comments x

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...