blog backbdrop

Thursday 2 November 2017

Magik Graphics

Magik Graphics make CD Roms that are just that bit different from everyone else's. Susan Andrews mixes the dark side with mystic fantasy extremely well to create some unique graphics for cards and paper craft projects. The images are so crisp that when you print them out they almost look 3D.
Together with her imaginative design team they create some really inspiring samples.

Love the dark gothic images on this cd.  These are a few cards made with it.

http://magikgraphics.co.uk/










This stepper card was made using the backing papers, a coordinating butterfly and a topper from the Magik Graphics Bellza Mortals cd. All I added was a little black lace, black gems and glittered peel offs.










Now this is my favourite image of the cd, absolutely love it. I used the topper and coordinating backing paper. The topper has been backed onto embossed silver mirri board and then onto a piece of wine material that I had in my box.  I added a few heat embossed Dreamees flowers, metal corners, and a large black feather which sits nicely behind the topper.  The card base is a piece of black centura pearl card with a mirri board topper and I have stuck the skull backing paper onto that. I do like to edge the backing paper with ink to get rid of the white edge. In this case I edged it with black ink.

The woven band on the bottom of the topper actually looks like it has been added with the skull bottle cap but it is in fact part of the topper. This goes to show just how sharp the graphics are.


This is just a close up of the topper and flowers used on the card. As you can see, I have used metallic gems on her eyebrow and glossy accent on her eyes and lips for more texture. Ive also use a spectrum noir sparkle clear overlay pen on strands of her white hair to make it shimmer.  The flowers are from the Dreamees Blossoming Buds collection and have been heat embossed with black embossing powder onto Mars red pearlescent paper by Stamps by Chloe.





Magik Graphics also do vintage, flowers and butterflies. This card was make with one of their backing papers their Vintage Steampunk topper.  I have added some hessian lace, a paper coordinating handmade rose made by my friend Sharon (she made me a beautiful batch of these), a few sprigs, 2 gold hat pins and some gems on the topper.  I made this 8x8 card with kraft card and edged the card and toppers with Tim Holtz victorian velvet distress ink.




I always find mens cards a bit of a challenge so was happy when Magik Graphics brought out a mens cd called A Mans World. As this card was to go in the post I didn't put too much on it. On kraft card I used one of  the Magik Graphic backing papers for the base and layered it onto a piece of kraft card for a coordinating topper too. I added hessian and the rustic chain topper, along with the quad bike topper which was already in its rustic frame. I used a little glossy accent on the LIVE sentiment and stamped a birthday with onto some hessian backing paper. With two die cut cogs, that was my card finished and ready to go.




You can purchase individual downloads if you don't wanted to try out a selection of their graphics on cd. Follow the link to their download section on their website below:-



Happy Crafting










No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...