blog backbdrop

Tuesday 7 November 2017

ATC & Inchies for November Group Swap

I love doing these group swaps.  Crafting is for sharing and inspiration from others too. There are so many creative and  talented people in this stamping group sharing ideas and makes.

These are my offering for this months Anything Goes swap.  For the ATCs,  I decided to theme mine "Burlesque - keep your cards close to your heart".  I went for sassy this month.


They were a lot of fun to make. I had an idea and just went with it.  I used two stamps on these cards. The I Love Lace background stamp by Stamping Up and the Torn Fishnets by Visible Image.


 

First I heat embossed the Stamping Up I love Lace stamp onto a piece of burgundy card stock I had. I did the same with the Visible Image Torn Fishnets stamp onto some black card.



I made a template of how I wanted the corset to look and fit on the card and then used it to cut around my stamped black card.

I scored the edge of the corset so that I could stick it to the lace panel card.  Before doing this I used the smallest hole on my punch to to make the holes on the corset. Then I used a silky black embroidery thread to thread it.  After that I stuck the corset to the lace panel to make sure it fit properly. ( I used red liner tap on the tabs)  Once stuck I used a tacky pva based glue like cosmic shimmer to glue my laced corset panel to the black card.


I added a black organza bow (made on my bow maker) to the front of the corset and some tiny Queen of Spades playing cards I sourced online across what would be the cleavage (these have been backed with red pearlescent paper).I used a little velvet adhesive lace to finish them off.


I hope you like my creation.



These are my inchies for this month.  I've decided they are Christmas stars.






I used a pale blue The Dreamees dinky inky on some watercolour card and then inked through an Anna Marie stencil using The Dreamees navy dinky inky.




 I then cut my inchies into 6 x 1 inch squares and stamped a little script star stamp onto the squares and heat embossed with silver metallic embossing powder.




 I stamped the star again onto heat resistant acetate and embossed it again. Then I dusted a tiny amount of metallic silver mica powder onto the squares using a soft brush.




I threaded a bell and some silver twine through the square, also adding the acetate star. I finished it of with some tiny metallic gems.


I hope you like my creation

Happy Crafting





No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...