blog backbdrop

Thursday 9 November 2017

Dreamees MDF Memory Books

Another of my projects involving Dreamees products are the mdf memory books.  They were originally launched on Create and Craft bundled with the something stitchy paper pad and Dreamees Digital Designs cd.

As I bought two sets, I had enough fairy door mdf, perfect for what I wanted to make.




I used the fairy door mdf as a template to draw around onto greyboard to make the inside panels of the memory books.  The front and back were decorated using brick papers from The Dreamees Textures cd  The paper for the door I sourced as I needed it a little more shabby.  The sentiment is from the cd and has been made small enough for me to die cut using a Crealies square stitched die. I used a little flower & leaf punch for the foliage and added a selection of ribbon and charms.





I have blurred the personal photos used in my memory books.

The backing papers are from the Dreamees Digitals Designs cd and they have been inked on the edges using the Dreamees Dinky Inkies pigment ink The jar and fairy image are from the Dreamees Fantastic Fairies cd. I have added a pocket at the back to hold a handmade bookmark.

The film reel was made using an Inkylicious negative stamp on heat resistant acetate and the picture have been placed behind it.



I did the same with this memory book but it was more themed as Gnome House.




This time I decorated the inside using backing papers and images from The Dreamees Woodland Wonders cd. I sourced the little gnome door and coloured it with Dinky Inkies pigment ink.
I made a pocket at the back for a bookmark also in the same style.




For this memory book I used the rocket shaped mdf and decorated it with papers from the Woodland Wonders cd. I used the mdf as a template to make a coordinating card. I also gave it a faux stitched edge around the card and mdf using a white gel pen  Finished off with ribbon, buttons and sequins.



https://www.createandcraft.com/gb/






http://www.dreamees.org.uk/


They make lovely keepsakes.

Happy Crafting









No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...