blog backbdrop

Saturday 4 November 2017

Hobby House - Mia Bella

Another fabulous kit by Hobby House is the Mia Bella kit which comes with a lovely selection of blue and cream patterned cardstock, embellishments and an embroidery hoop. Again there is a lot packed into this beautiful kit.

After watching a demo by Debbie Simpson using the embroidery hoop I decided this would be my next project. I particularly liked the little wooden girl embellishments.


First I drew around the outside of the embroidery hoop. Then using a Tattered Lace pearl circle die I die cut some coordinating circles to stick onto the largest circle.

Using a tacky glue that dries clear like cosmic shimmer, I glued the edge of the embroidery hoop and stuck my circle topper face down over the hoop, smoothing it down to make sure stuck smoothly.

Once dry I turned it over and glued the wooden embellishment in the centre along with two of the flower shaped buttons and the heart shaped one of the hat using the same glue.  I did tread a little of the twine through the buttons before sticking them down.

Using a Crafters Companion alphabet die I die cut the word friend using some of the coordinating cardstock

I used the pearl strings, which I glued (using the same glue) around the edge of the hoop. Finishing with a little more twine from the kit and a little ribbon from my stash that just happened to tie in nicely.

I still have a lot left to make more things with this kit.




Tattered Lace Pearl Circle Dies





I hope you like my friend hoop
Happy Crafting..





No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...