blog backbdrop

Monday 6 November 2017

Skull and Cross Buns - Pine Cone stamp

Skull & Cross Buns stamps are designed, created and hand carved by Emily. These quirky stamps
are really quite adorable and a good choice if you are looking for an alternative to standard designs on the market.

I ordered the pine cone stamp and was not only impressed at how well made it was, but how well it stamped.  Emily had posted a picture showing her new range of Christmas stamps and I really liked her idea of using the stamps to make your own wrapping paper.

I decided to make some Christmas gift tags and was really happy with the outcome.

 




I stamped onto kraft card using the pine cone stamp and moulded it a little to give it some shape. I glued it to the kraft card tag using some pinflair silicone glue gel. Using some script backing paper I stamped and heat embossed the pine branches stamp by Stamps by Chloe, using Chloe's Hollywood Hills Wow glitter embossing powder mix. A little Hobby House Christmas ribbon, a bell and a couple of gems finished off the look I wanted.



This stamp measures 4cm x 4. 8cm and sits on a solid wooden block with their name and icon etched into the side.



I then decided it would be nice to have some Christmas cards to match my tags, so used a scalloped edged cream card blank and repeated the process. I also stamped and heat embossed a bauble onto cream card and added it along with a stamped sentiments using gold superfine Wow embossing powder.  I have highlighted the pine cones with a white gel pen to give the illusion of snow.



Then I decided to have a play with my mica powders. I used the Skull & Cross Buns pine cone stamp to form my background. First I dusted my centura pearl white card with an anti-static bag.  Then I stamped the card using versafine clear embossing ink and tapped a very little metallic mint mica powder onto the card using a soft brush (I have a small soft make up brush which does this very well too). Brush gently and the mica powder will stick to the embossing ink. You only need a very small amount as mica powder goes a long way.

If you want to seal your mica powder so it doesn't transfer onto your hands and everywhere else, a good tip is to spray a very fine mist of hairspray towards your card but not directly onto it. Avoid using a hairspray with conditioners as it will only make it sticky.

For the pine cones this time I heat embossed them onto vellum using topaz Wow embossing glitter, using the pine branch stamp by Stamps by Chloe and Chloe's spruce embossing powder mix.
This is very similar to her Hollywood Hills glitter powder, just a deeper shade.




The Christmas verse is by Stamps by Chloe and has been heat embossed onto vellum using the same topaz embossing glitter powder. I have used the vellum sentiment to make a wrap for the card.

The link for the website is as follows:-

http://www.skullandcrossbuns.com/


Happy Crafting














No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...