blog backbdrop

Wednesday 29 November 2017

MDF Christmas Personalised Baubles

 I am now able to post two of the personalised decorated mdf baubles I made for a Christmas decoration as a gift.




These are Dreamees products that I purchased from Create & Craft and they come as a set of 3 with different styles of personalisation available.




First I painted the baubles with chalk paint as I love the texture on mdf.. I did give the mdf a coat of clear gesso before painting them. This is not always necessary depending on the brand of chalk paint you use but I like to do this anyway to ensure that I have a good base for my paint to stick to.

In this case, I used  Rust-oleum chalky finish paint in duck egg (purchased from Homebase)  and Cosmic Shimmer matt chalky finish paint in shy violet.  For the mdf names,  I used an emulsion match pot in chalky white finish paint. Match pots are ideal for paint projects and quite often you can find them on offer in hardware stores when a range of colours are discontinued.



I also painted some wooden snowflake embellishments in white and whilst wet, dusted them with crystal glitter, shaking off the access and leaving to dry. I also painted a balsa wood fairy and glittered her wings




I used cosmic shimmer glue to stick the wooden embellishments on. I wanted to keep these plaques fairly simple.



Along of the edge of the bauble, I used some pearl strings to give the bauble a softer prettier edge as the bauble is to be hung up.



On the reverse of the bauble, I decided to use the large gingerbread lady charm from The Hobby House gingerbread collection. I attached the charm with pinflair gel glue on the back and a little hot glue for the tiny bell and thread the charm hangs from. Finished with a little Christmas verse.




I followed the same process for the 2nd bauble, adding a little gingerbread embellishment to the tree. I glittered the branches of the tree to give the illusion of snow.


I added a crystal beading to the edge of the bauble, to give it a little sparkle.



Then a gingerbread man charm by Hobby House from the same Gingerbread collection.
I also added a bow of fairy lights, finishing it off with the same Christmas verse.

I made some boxes to for these baubles, wrapping them in some tissue paper and tying the box with some Christmas ribbon with a large jingle bell on it.. 

The large bells were from Poundland and looked really effective as part of the gift wrap.

Painting your mdf is just one way you can decorate the base. When I have finished the 3rd bauble, which will be decorated differently, I shall post it on here also but until then


Happy Crafting






No comments:

Gothic Fairy Arch

I've finished my Gothic fairy arch and have a few pictures to share with you and I'm also going to add it to one of the monthly chal...